Features of Bard Cunningham Penis Clamp
- Made of soft sponge rubber
- Bard Penis Clamp can be adjusted to fit comfortably
- The ratchet locking clamp mechanism has 5 separate settings to control male incontinence
- Suitable for use by males of all ages
- Reusable and washable
Note - It contains natural rubber latex
How does a Bard Cunningham Clamp work?
- Cunningham Clip is a hinged, stainless steel frame supporting two soft foam rubber pads and a locking device
- The user is supposed to place the penis between the two foam pads and the hinged clamp is squeezed shut
- Lower foam pad has an inverted "V" which presses against the lower side of the penis exerting a closing pressure on the urethra
- A slight pressure on the urethral canal on the lower side of the penis prevents urine leakage
- The required pressure is achieved by the hump in the under part of the clamp
- For comfort and proper fit, upper part of the clamp can be easily shaped by the fingers
- Cunningham Clamp should be replaced every 3 months, or sooner if the foam deteriorates
Note - This Product is Non-returnable
What to buy with Penile Clamp
Male Bard Cunningham Clamp Size Guide
Cunningham Penile Clamp sizes include: large, regular, or juvenile. To find the correct size, you will need to measure the area around the shaft of your penis while compressing it slightly.
To do this, gently compress the middle of your shaft with your thumb and forefinger. Apply slight pressure as if stopping the flow of urine. Then, measure the area around your shaft using a tape measure.
- If your shaft is 3 inches, you will need the large clamp
- If your shaft is 2 inches, you will need the regular clamp
- If your shaft is 1½ inches, you will need the juvenile clamp
Bard Cunningham Incontinence Clamp Application:
- Wash your hands thoroughly. Dry them with a clean cloth or paper towel
- Place your penis between the 2 foam pads on the incontinence clamp. The clamp should be halfway down the shaft of your penis.
- Tighten the clamp to compress your urethra. The large and regular clamps each have 5 settings that adjust the pressure on your urethra. Use the ratchet catch to adjust the pressure. To release the catch, press inward on both of the spring wire loops. The juvenile clamp is not adjustable.
- Shape the upper foam pad with your fingers to help it fit better and feel more comfortable
- To urinate, release your clamp
- After you are finished urinating, put your clamp back on to prevent dribbling. If possible, place the clamp on a slightly different part of your shaft.
Important tips while using Cunningham Penile Clip
- Do not use the clamp at night while you are sleeping. Use adult urinary pads for leakage.
- Make sure that your clamp is not set too tightly on your penis. This will help you maintain blood circulation and prevent skin irritation. It is important that you have proper sensation in your penis so that you can feel anything that is painful or irritating.
- After repeated usage and proper maintenance, inspect the product for signs of deterioration or damage like cracking, discoloration or separation of foam.
Bard Cunningham Male Incontinence Clamp Cleaning Instructions:
- Hand wash your clamp in a sink with mild soap and warm water. Do not use bleach, detergent, or hot water on your clamp.
- Rinse it thoroughly in cool, clean water
- Gently squeeze the foam to get rid of excess water
- Let your clamp dry in a cool place away from excess heat or direct sunlight. Do not put it in the washer or dryer or use a blow dryer on it.
Bard Cunningham Clamp FAQ
How long can you wear a Cunningham clamp?
It is recommended to release your Bard Cunningham Penile Clip every 1 - 2 hours to allow urine to flow out. This is important in order to avoid urinary tract infections. Every 2 hours, move the clamp up or down your shaft. Do not keep it clamped for more than 2 hours in the same place.
Are Bard Incontinence Clamps safe?
The Cunningham Clamp can cause serious complications, such as discomfort, urethral erosion, obstruction, and edema if used constantly or for long periods of time. This system is used appropriately and for short periods helping to keep the wearer dry and without fear of an accident.
How long does Cunningham Incontinence Clamp last?
Bard Cunningham Penile Clamp lasts 3 to 4 months with a minimum of maintenance.
Does Cunningham Clamp restrict blood flow in the penis?
No, this penile clamp just helps to stop the urine flow and does not make any difference in the rate of blood flow.
Is there any prescription required for Bard Cunningham Clamp?
No, this incontinence control device does not require any prescription.
Bard Cunningham Penile Clamp Reviews