Ascend Silver Sulfadiazine Cream Features
- Silver cream for burns is antibiotic
- Prevents the spread of wound infection and bacterial growth
- Has faster healing time
- Silver cream for burns offers quick relief
What is Silver Sulfadiazine Cream used for?
This Cream for Burns is an antibiotic cream that stops the bacteria from producing folic acid, a nutrient responsible for bacterial multiplication. The major uses of Sulfadiazine cream are -
What to buy with Silver Sulfadiazine Topical Cream
How to apply Silver Sulfadiazine Cream?
- Clean the affected areas before applying this medicine.
- Wear sterile gloves to apply this cream.
- Apply a thin layer of approximately 1.6 mm (about 1/16 inch) of silver sulfadiazine to the affected areas.
- Reapply the medicine if it is rubbed off the affected areas by moving around or washing.
- After the cream is applied, the treated areas may be covered with a dressing or left uncovered as desired.
Silver Sulfadiazine Contraindications
Silver sulfadiazine is not recommended for use in premature neonates or neonates < 2 months of age.
Active Ingredients of Silver Sulfadiazine Cream
- stearyl alcohol
- white petrolatum
- polyoxyl 40 stearate
- propylene glycol
- isopropyl myristate
- sorbitan monooleate
- 0.3% methylparaben as a preservative
Warnings and Precautions:
- Silver sulfadiazine is for external use only.
- Do not let sliver cream to get into your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Do not swallow it.
- Do not apply dressings, bandages, cosmetics, lotions, or other skin medications to the area being treated
Ascend Silver Sulfadiazine Cream FAQ’s
Q. How long should I use this cream?
Keep using this cream for the full time of treatment. You should keep using this medicine until the burned area has healed.
Q. Is it good for burns?
Yes, Silver Sulfadiazine Cream is good in the treatment of burns. It is used in to prevent and treat burn infection.
Q. Is silver sulfadiazine good for sunburns?
Yes, Sulfadiazine Cream is used to treat severe sun burns.
Q. Does Sulfadiazine Cream work on acne?
Silver sulfadiazine is a topical antimicrobial agent used as an adjunct to prevent and treat infection of burns. Its use on the face is usually avoided. Hence, it is not recommended for acne.
Q. Does silver sulfadiazine help with pain?
It has no direct effect on pain as it treats the infection associated with burns, thereby reducing pain and inflammation.
Q. How long does Sulfadiazine Cream for Burns take to work?
Usually, it starts working soon after taking it. However, it may take some days approx. 21 days to kill all the harmful bacteria and make you feel better.