What does PM63 PowerVac+ Aspirator Include?
- PowerVac+ with 2000cc canister
- 6' patient suction tubing
- 10" suction canister tubing
- Inline hydrophobic bacteria filter plastic
- Elbow connector
- Hospital grade power cord
PowerVac Plus Intermittent Aspirator User Manual
When to use Precision Medical PowerVac Plus Intermittent Aspirator?
To supply a continuous or intermittent vacuum source adequate within the stated operating vacuum range, to aspirate fluids in medical suctioning procedures by trained healthcare professionals.
What to buy Precision Medical PowerPlus Suction Machine
How to operate PowerVac Plus Intermittent Suction Machine?
- Place Aspirator near a properly grounded electrical receptacle on a table, floor or other horizontal, smooth, hard surface. Allow a minimum of 4 in (10 cm) clearance on all sides to ensure adequate air flow for cooling of Aspirator.
- Ensure the On/Off Switch and Selector Knob are in the "OFF" position.
- Ensure the Inline Hydrophobic Filter is properly connected to the vacuum port on Suction Canister lid. The Inline Hydrophobic Filter prevents liquid from entering the vacuum pump.
- Plug the Aspirator into a properly grounded receptacle.
- Press the On/Off Switch to the On position.
- Turn the Selector Knob to the "REG" position.
- Block the patient connection on the Suction Canister and adjust the Vacuum Control Knob to the desired vacuum.
- To INCREASE vacuum - Turn knob CLOCKWISE
- To DECREASE vacuum - Turn knob COUNTERCLOCKWISE
Note: Intermittent cycle starts in the OFF phase, therefore a delay occurs before the ON (suction) cycle begins.
- Vacuum should be set as prescribed by your Physician or Healthcare Professional.
- Turn Selector Knob to the "INT" position to obtain an intermittent, adjustable vacuum that cycles on and off.
- Connect one end of Patient Suction Tubing to the port on the Canister marked Patient Tubing.
- Connect other end of Patient Suction Tubing to suction catheter and begin procedure as instructed by Healthcare Provider.
- When procedure is completed, press the On/Off Switch to the OFF position.
- Do not overfill the canister.
- Empty the Suction Canister as follows:
- Disconnect all suctioning tubing.
- Remove the canister from its bracket and empty as instructed by your Physician or Healthcare Professional.
- Replace Suction Canister and reconnect all suctioning tubing.
Precision PM63 PowerVac Aspirator Care and Cleaning
The Inline Hydrophobic Filter cannot be cleaned. If it becomes contaminated or clogged, it must be replaced.
To replace Inline Hydrophobic Filter
- Disconnect filter assembly from Suction Canister and remove Suction Canister from the Aspirator.
- Remove filter assembly from the Aspirator.
- Dispose of filter.
- Install new filter and reconnect tubing and elbow.
- Tubing is single patient use only. Do not clean.
To replace Air Filters
- Check both Air Filters on top rear of cabinet for dust build-up.
- If dust build-up occurs, unplug Aspirator, remove Air Filters from their recessed areas and wash in warm, soapy water and rinse.
- Absorb excess water from filters with a dry towel.
- Return filters to their original locations.
Exterior Components Cleaning
- Use a cloth or sponge dampened with soap and water.
- Wipe dry with a clean cloth or paper towel.
PowerVac+ Aspirator Specifications
||Length: 15.875" (40.3 cm)
|Width: 7.4" (18.7 cm)
|Height: 10.125" (25.7 cm)
||21.2 lbs (9.6 kg)
||108 - 132 VAC, 60 Hz, 5 Amps
|Operating Temperature Range
||Temperature: -0.4°F (-18°C) to 122°F (50°C)
|Storage Temperature Range
||Temperature Range: 41°F to 95°F (5°C to 35°C)
|Publish: -4°F to 104°F (-20°C to 40°C)
|Maximum Humidity: Max 95% Non-condensing
||1200cc (Reusable with Float Shut-off)
|Operating Vacuum Range
||0-200 mmHg with "Full Vacuum" of 330.2 mmHg
|Flow @ Max Vac
||Regulated Mode: wo/filter = 19.0 l/min, w/filter = 16.0 l/min
|Intermittent Mode: wo/filter = 8.0 l/min, w/filter = 7.5 l/min
||± 5% of Max Vacuum
|Intermittent Cycle Time
||Factory set as sixteen (16) seconds ON, eight (8) seconds OFF
Precision Medical PowerVac Plus Warranty
3 years warranty