Powerplay Hip Gel Pack Features
- Aids joint relief and muscle recovery.
- Relieving temporary pain and swelling.
- Loosen muscle stiffness, tension and aches.
CAUTION: Once brought to the desired temperature, do not apply without using a protective barrier against the skin. If the application of cold become uncomfortable, remove the pack for a few minutes then reapply. Persons with circulatory problems should not use any cold compress unless directed by a physician. Do not use if pack is in any way torn, cut or punctured. Gel packs may be cleaned with 3% hydrogen peroxide solution, or with sanitizing wipes. Therapeutic cold has been proved to be between 50˚- 60˚ F*
How to Use Powerplay Gel Packs?
Instruction For Use
Cooling Directions: Place the gel pack in the freezer for at least 1 hour. The gel pack can get very cold, so make sure to use a protective barrier so that the gel pack does not directly contact the skin. The gel pack may also be refrigerated if a higher temperature is desired.
How cold therapy helps to Recover Faster?
- Cold therapy has also been proven to reduce pain and swelling, making your recovery faster and more comfortable.
- Doctors have recommended 20 minutes of cold therapy at a time, alternating between cold and warm or room temperature. Recommend using your PowerPlay gel pack after it has been initially frozen for one hour, then placing it on your affected area for 20 minutes, and returning it to the freezer while your body rests from the ice.
- Therapeutic cold has been shown to be between 40 and 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Studies find that when active compression is coupled with cold therapy, it results in increased blood flow, and decreased swelling, edema, and muscle spasms.
- Applying ice or cold to your injury also makes recovery less painful and more comfortable.