Polar Active Ice 3.0 Double Knee Cold Therapy System
- Polar Active Ice 3.0 Double Knee Cold Therapy System with 15 Quart Cooler Includes:
- Two Knee Bladders (11.5" x 12.5") with elastic & Velcro straps
- Three foot long y-shaped hose connector
- Fifteen quart cooler with wheels and retractable handle
- Five feet of insulated cool water lines
- Electronic digital timer with on/off switch
- AC Power Adapter with cord
- Specifically designed for post-surgery, when serious pain relief is required
- Electronic Digital Timer with on/off switch can be set, in 30 minute increments, per your doctor recommendation for maximum safety
- Whisper quiet pump circulates cool water throughout the bladder
- Easy to reuse time and time again, simply add ice and water to the cooler
- Optional adjustable flow rate temperature control
- High flow, dry, quick disconnect couplings allow for freedom of movement if needed
- The cooler lid on the unit is hinged and snaps in place, keeping it properly sealed
How to use Polar Active Ice 3.0 Double Knee Cold Therapy System?
- Caution: Always begin with power supply unplugged. Do not turn on the system until all connections are complete and the hose from the cooler to the therapy bladder is free from bends or restrictions, as this will restrict water flow through the system.Â
- Connect the therapy bladder hose tubes to the Active Ice System hose tubes with the quick disconnect couplings. Be sure the tab on the female coupling is pushed all the way down then insert the male couplings into the female couplings. Couplings click when they are properly locked together.Â
- If the optional TCV temperature and flow control was purchased, it should be connected between the system hose and the bladder using the quick disconnect couplings. Connect as described above. Turn the knob to Coldest.Â
- Open the reservoir and fill with clean, cold water to the water fill line in the cooling reservoir. Be sure water covers the pump in the reservoir. Caution: never operate the unit without water. This can cause pump failure. Do not overfill the reservoir with water.
- Completely fill the reservoir with ice to the water return flow tube located near the top of the reservoir.Â
- If the optional TCD electronic temperature and flow control was purchased, it should be plugged in between the timer control and the cooling reservoir. Turn the control to 5 or Coldest.
- Plug the Digital Timer DT30 into the plate on the side of the cooling reservoir, then plug the other end into the power supply. Finally, plug the power supply into a wall outlet. Ensure all connections are securely seated.
- If the optional battery pack was purchased it should arrive fully charged and it may be connected now. This replaces the power supply. The battery has two cords, one cord is labeled To Cooler and the other cord is labeled To Charger. Use the To Cooler cord to plug into the digital timer DT30 and then plug the timer into the cooling reservoir. The unit will now run off of the battery pack. To charge the battery pack, plug the other cord labeled To Charger into the included charger and then plug the charger into a wall outlet. While the battery pack is charging the light on the charger will be red. The light will change to green when the battery pack is fully charged. Note: Do not attempt to charge the battery while it is operating the unit.Â
- The Polar Active Ice Cold Therapy System includes an electronic digital timer. The digital timer may be turned on by pressing the on/off button. The timer will automatically set at 30 minutes and turn the unit on. The default 30-minute setting is a safety feature as many doctors recommend 30-minute therapy sessions followed by skin inspection. If your doctor directs you to use the unit for longer periods of time, an additional 30 minutes of operation will be added to the session each time you press the + button. Always follow your doctors recommendations in regards to treatment time and skin inspection. When the unit times out or is turned off, the timer will always reset to 30 minutes as the default time of operation.Â
- Lay the bladder on a flat surface and turn on the digital timer. Water will begin circulating through the bladder and back into the cooling reservoir via the water return flow tube. Allow the unit to run several minutes before securing the bladder to the target body part. This will ensure good flow through the system. Always ensure that there is water flowing out of the return tube into the cooling reservoir.
- Use the enclosed elastic belt with hook and loop tabs to hold the universal bladder comfortably on the target body part. (See Using the Universal and Rectangular Bladder with the 3" x 44" Belt.) Caution: Always use an insulation barrier (such as Webril, Kerlix, cast padding, or elastic bandage) between the therapy bladder and the skin. If using the optional compression wrap(s), see Using the Universal Bladder with the Optional Compression Wraps.Â
- When the water temperature has risen above the desired level, refill the reservoir with ice. Drain water if necessary.Â
- Confirm that water is flowing out of the return flow tube at the top of the cooler when the system is on.
If the unit is within its 180 day warranty period, it will be repaired or replaced with a new unit at no charge.