Features of Caire Oxygen Concentrator
- Compact and Lightweight: At only 25.4 cm tall and 2.3 kg, it is similar in size to a book and weighs less than a purse
- Ergonomically Designed: Body-skimming, curved silhouette reduces swinging and bouncing
- Lasts All Day: The 8-cell battery pack lasts up to 8 hours and the 16-cell battery pack lasts up to 16 hours
- Quiet:At 39.9 dBa the sound level is slightly more than a whisper and less than a refrigerator
- Easy-to-Read Display: Large fonts, multi-color LCD display and glow-in-the-dark keypad
- Enables Airline Travel: Meets FAA requirements for commercial airline travel
Why choose Caire FreeStyle Comfort POC?
- Smart technology to ensure saturation -
- autoSTAT - It is an automatic titration to a patient’s respiratory rate
- autoDOSE - It is a safety feature to ensure the automatic delivery of oxygen even if no breath is detected to avoid any gaps in your therapy
- UltraSense - It offers sensitive breath detection, ensuring you get oxygen even if your breath becomes shallow
- myCAIRE - It is a secure telehealth solution offering you the ability to take control of your oxygen therapy
- Flexible flow rates to adjust to changing needs - With 5 settings and up to 1050mL of oxygen per minute, the FreeStyle Comfort offers flexibility in treatment options and covers a broad range of prescriptions.
- Reduced Maintenance Robust design - Features superior sieve bed technology reducing required maintenance.
- Intuitive and easy to use
- Only five pounds - weighs as much as a purse
- Only 10" tall
- Ideal for use at home and abroad
- Eliminates heavy tanks/cylinders
Caire Oxygen Concentrator Parts
FreeStyle Comfort Optional Accessories
- Additional 8-Cell Battery Pack
- 16-Cell Battery Pack
- Desktop Charger
- Carry-all Accessory Bag
When to use Oxygen Concentrator?
Oxygen therapy is used to treat various health conditions, respiratory infections, and chronic breathing disorders affecting the lungs’ ability to function properly. Your doctor may prescribe supplemental oxygen therapy for the following health disorders:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Severe Asthma
- Sleep Apnea
How does Caire FreeStyle Comfort work?
- FreeStyle Comfort draws room air into the machine through the air intake filters
- The air then goes through a unique separation process that separates the oxygen from the nitrogen and allows only the oxygen to pass through to a collection reservoir
- The result is an on-demand pulse flow of high-concentration oxygen delivered to the user
- The comfort delivers the highest flow rates of any wearable portable device and enables users to get oxygen in high-activity situations
- The small, long-lasting battery is easy to charge and replace
- Easy-to-read display located in clear view on top of the unit
- The bright display is easy to see in the dark with large glow-in-the-dark buttons
- The alarm system keeps track of multiple key functions to warn users of any issues
- Autosat feature measures breath rate in real-time and automatically adjusts the amount of oxygen delivered so the user can be certain to receive the prescribed dose every minute without interrupting the activity
- ultrasense sensitive breath detection technology identifies even the faintest breaths to trigger delivery automatically, so the user never misses a breath next. If the unit detects no breath from the user the auto dose feature automatically delivers oxygen pulses until the unit detects a normal breathing pattern
What to buy with Portable Oxygen Concentrator
Freestyle Oxygen Concentrator FAQs
Q1. Why is a portable oxygen concentrator better than a traditional oxygen cylinder?
A. A portable oxygen concentrator provides you with more freedom and time away from home based on its ability to operate on both battery or electrical power (AC and DC), while cylinders offer a limited supply of oxygen, requiring you to carry multiple tanks.
Q2. What type of maintenance does Freestyle Comfort Oxygen Concentrator require?
A. FreeStyle Portable Oxygen Concentrators require little to no maintenance. It is recommended to clean it once weekly. This only requires running it under soapy water and can be done in a matter of minutes.
Q3. How do i know if FreeStyle Comfort is working?
A. CAIRE FreeStyle Comfort Concentrators have both visual and audible alarm systems to alert user if there is an issue with the device, or when the battery needs recharging. As long as no alarms are active, the device is functioning properly. Consult user manual for specific alarm conditions.
Q4. How long will FreeStyle Comfort battery last?
A. FreeStyle Comfort battery lasts up to 8 hours with an 8-cell battery and up to 16 hours with an 16-cell battery at setting 1. Battery life depends on the flow rate.
Q5. How will I know the Free Style Comfort battery needs recharging?
A. Audio and visual notifications will alert you when the device requires charging.
FreeStyle Comfort AS200-1 User Manuals
- In certain circumstances, the use of non-prescribed oxygen can be hazardous
- This device should only be used when prescribed by a physician
- Not for use in the presence of flammable anesthetics
- The oxygen concentrator is not appropriate for any user who would experience adverse health consequences as the result of such temporary interruption
- As with any electrically powered device, the user may experience periods of non-operation as a result of electrical power interruption, or the need to have the oxygen concentrator serviced by a qualified technician
- Pregnant or nursing women should not use accessories recommended in this manual, they may contain phthalates
How to care for Caire FreeStyle Oxygen Concentrator Device?
FreeStyle Comfort POC Device Cleaning
- Turn OFF the unit and disconnect from AC or DC power before any cleaning or disinfection
- Do not spray the outer case directly
- Use a damp (not wet) cloth or sponge
- Spray the cloth or sponge with a mild disinfectant solution to clean the cabinet and power supplies
FreeStyle Comfort Air Intake Filters Care
At least once per week, the air intake filters should be cleaned
- Remove the two filters from the front of the FreeStyle Comfort by pushing up on the corresponding tab and pulling outward
- Wash both filters in a warm solution of soap and water
- Rinse the filters thoroughly and remove excess water with a soft, lint-free cloth. Ensure the filters are completely dry before replacing it
- Re-install the clean, dry filters
FreeStyle Comfort Battery Pack Care
- Do not allow the battery pack to be exposed to liquids
- Do not attempt to disassemble or open the battery pack
- Do not expose the battery to open flames. Do not drop the battery pack
- Keep the battery pack away from children
- If your battery pack appears damaged, contact your oxygen provide before use
- Do not place the battery in or near a microwave or other cooking appliances
FreeStyle Comfort Cannula Replacement
Replace the nasal cannula or oxygen tubing every 3 to 6 months (if daily use, 3 months)
Caire AS200-1 Oxygen Concentrator Specifications
||Setting 1 - 210 mL/min
Setting 2 - 420 mL/min
Setting 3 - 630 mL/min
Setting 4 - 840 mL/min
Setting 5 - 1050 mL/min
||Pulse Setting 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
||> -0.5 cm H2O
||Single cell: 6700 mAh; Double cell: 13400 mAh
||90% (+5.5% / -3%)
|Maximum Outlet Pressure
||-1250 to 10,000 Feet
|AC Power Consumption
||100–240 VAC, 50-60Hz
|DC Power Consumption
||43 dBA at Setting 2
||41°F to 104°F (5°C to 40°C)
||-15-95% Relative Humidity
||0 - 90% Non-Condensing
|Nominal Sound Level
||39.93 dB(A) ± 0.42 dB(A) @ 2
|Warm Up Time
|Transportation and Storage Temp. (Unit)
||-13°F to +158°F (-25°C to +70°C) up to 10000 ft (3048 m)
|Transportation and Storage Temp. (Battery)
||-13°F to +158°F (-25°C to +70°C) up to 10000 ft (3048 m)
|Rechargeable Battery Type
|Battery Life at Setting 2
||Up to 4 Hrs (8 Cell)
Caire FreeStyle Comfort Warranty
- Concentrator Warranty: 3 Years
- Battery and Charging Cords: 1 Year