Bioclusive Plus Features
- Comfortable, flexible, easy to use and remove
- Transparent Dressings allow inspection of the wound
- Provides a secure covering for the duration of wear
- Enables patient to shower while the dressing is in place
- Has a low friction profile
- Designed to remove easily in one piece
- Protects wounds from external contamination
- Three-step application with easy to follow A, B, and C application tabs
- Higher MVTR than Bioclusive
- Systagenix Bioclusive Plus replaces Bioclusive
- May be left in place for several days, depending on the amount of exudate
- Dressing change frequency is dictated by good Wound Care practice and the specific condition of the wound
How does Bioclusive Plus work?
Bioclusive Plus Dressing is designed not to stick to itself for easy handling and helps provide a moist wound healing environment.
The forgiving adhesive helps:
- Facilitate controlled and waste-free application
- Protect fragile tissue
The breathable semi-occlusive dressing:
- Allows for vaporization of exudate reducing the potential for maceration
- Allows oxygen to reach the wound
- Provides a physical bacterial barrier
When to use Transparent Film Dressing?
- Bioclusive Plus Dressing is indicated for the management of wounds that have either no or light levels of exudate
- Minor burns
- Minor injuries
- Superficial pressure areas and leg ulcers
- Donor sites
- Clean, closed, post-operative wounds
- Cuts and abrasions
- Low exuding wounds where observation and protection are desired e.g. General Wound Care, skin biopsies, superficial partial thickness burns and surgical incisions
- Also indicated to aid in securing peripheral IVs and Central Venous Catheters
What to Buy With Bioclusive Film Dressing?
How to use Bioclusive Dressing?
- Prepare the wound according to local wound management protocol
- Ensure that the skin surrounding the wound is clean, dry, and free from grease, soaps or detergents
- Choose an appropriate size dressing to allow at least a 2 cm border to overlap the wound edge
- Remove the larger, central release liner from the adhesive underside of the dressing and apply the dressing directly onto the center of the wound bed, adhesive side of the dressing onto the skin surrounding the wound
- Grasp the outer release liner tabs from the underside of the dressing
- Peel away the tabs and press the remaining edges of the dressing onto the skin using a rolling motion
- Ensure the dressing adheres well to the skin
- Once the dressing is secure, grasp the upper release liner tabs and peel away from the center of the dressing outwards
How to Remove Bioclusive Dressing?
- To remove dressing from the wound, gently peel and lift one corner of the dressing from the skin
- Support the skin while peeling the dressing off by stretching horizontally (not vertically) and in the direction of hair growth
Film Dressing Contraindications:
Bioclusive Plus is not recommended for deep cavity wounds, third-degree burns, or wounds that show evidence of clinical infection.
Bioclusive Plus Transparent Dressing Reviews