Features of Jublia Topical Solution
- Ideal medication used to treat toenail infection caused by Fungus
- It works by stopping the growth of a certain types of fungus
- This medication is only for toenail fungus treatment
- It will not work for another type of infection, such as those caused by bacteria
What to buy with Jublia Efinaconazole Topical Solution Bottle
How to Apply Jublia 10 Topical Solution?
- Remove the cap from the bottle.
- Hold the bottle upside down directly over the affected toenail. The entire brush will become moistened with the solution by turning the bottle upside down. Apply one drop onto the toenail. Do not squeeze the bottle or press or rub the brush firmly against the toenail while applying Jublia Solution.
- For the big toenail, apply a second drop to the end of the toenail using the tip of the brush. If needed, repeat step 2 to re-wet the brush.
- Use the brush to gently spread around the entire toenail, including the cuticle, folds of the skin next to the sides of the toenail, and underneath the nail. Do not squeeze the bottle or press or rub the brush firmly against the toenail while spreading with the brush.
- Repeat Steps 2 to 4 to apply to each affected toenail.
- Let it dry completely.
- After applying to your affected toenails, place the cap on the bottle and screw it on tightly.
- Wash your hands with soap and water after applying.
JUBLIA Topical Solution Treatment Guide
What are the Risks and Warnings for Jublia Topical Solution?
Jublia - (efinaconazole) can cause some serious health issues. This risk may be even higher for certain groups. If this worries you, talk to your doctor or pharmacist about other options.
Use only on toenails and skin:
Only use on toenails and the skin around it. Do not use this medication in the eye, mouth, or vagina. If it gets into those areas, rinse it out with water.
Jublia Solution is flammable and can catch on fire. Avoid open flames and smoking while you are applying the medication. Once the medication has been applied to your toes and dried, this is no longer a concern. Store the bottle in a cool, dry place away from heat.
Safety Information About Jublia 10 Topical Solutions
- It is for use on nails and surrounding skin only. Do not use it in your mouth, eyes, or vagina. Use it exactly as instructed by your doctor.
- It is not known whether it is safe and effective for use in children under 6 years of age.
- Before you or your child use it, tell your doctor about all medical conditions, including if you are pregnant, are breastfeeding, or plan to breastfeed, because it is unknown whether it can harm an unborn fetus or nursing infant.
- Tell your doctor about all medications you or your child is taking and whether you or your child has any other nail infections.
- It is flammable. Avoid heat and flame while applying to the toenail
- It may cause irritation at the treated site. The most common side effects include ingrown toenails, redness, itching, swelling, burning or stinging, blisters, and pain. Tell your doctor about any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
Jublia (efinaconazole)Topical Solution Bottle FAQ
What is the success rate of Jublia (efinaconazole)?
In the clinical studies, over 50% of people who used this had no more detectable fungal growth on their nails, and about 25% were able to get the infection down to 5% or less of the affected toenail. This is better than the results you would get from most other topical antifungal medications.
How long does it take Jublia (efinaconazole) to work?
You may start noticing some improvement after a couple of months, but you will need to be patient since treating it takes time. It won’t fix the parts of the nail that are already infected or damaged, but those areas will eventually grow out long enough so you can clip them off. You can tell that the medication is working when a healthy nail starts growing out from the base of nail bed.
Remember to use Jublia Topical Solution Bottle for the recommended time (48 weeks), even if your symptoms are mostly gone. If you stop treatment too early, the infection can come back.
Does Jublia Topical Solution cause liver damage?
It does not cause liver damage if used appropriately on the toenail since it does not absorb into the body. Thus, you won't need lab draws to check the health of your liver, which is required for oral antifungal medications.
Does Efinaconazole 10 Solution work on severe toenail fungus?
Nail solutions don't work particularly well for severe toenail fungal infections, including infections that have been going on for a long time or involve the entire nail. In the clinical studies, this medication was only given to people with fungal infections affecting 20% to 50% of the toenails. Severe toenail infections usually require other treatments such as oral antifungals, lasers, or surgery. Your provider may even combine treatments.