Why choose Biofilm Hemostatic Agent WoundSeal Powder?
- Ideal for patients suffering from nosebleeds
- Proven technology for fast, effective hemostasis
- Proven To Stop Bleeding Instantly
- Ideal for For ENT, Emergency Medicine, Urgent Care and Hospital Professionals
- Used to provide medical professionals with a safe and effective way to stop bleeding in seconds
- Helps reduce the chance of infection, even for patients who are anticoagulated
- A topical powder that is applied directly to the wound with an applicator
- WoundSeal for Nosebleeds improves patient outcomes by allowing patients to breathe easily without the inconvenience associated with removing packing or other material from the nose. There is less chance of a rebleed and the seal/scab that is created stays in place as the wound heals.
WoundSeal Powder Ingredients and Mechanism of Action
A non-prescription, hypo-allergenic topical powder, WoundSeal MD is comprised of a hydrophilic polymer and potassium ferrate. When combined with blood or exudates and light pressure is applied to the wound, the topical powder works independently of the blood clotting cascade to create an instant scab to stop the bleeding and seal the wound.
The iron component within the powder interacts with blood proteins to form a thin, strong membrane at the wound/powder interface, which stops the bleeding and creates an occlusive barrier. This barrier creates a hostile environment against colonizing microbes. On the distal side of the seal, pH is low, ~2, while on the proximal side, pH is neutral. WoundSeal not only stops the bleeding and absorbs exudates, but may help prevent infection.
What to buy with WoundSeal Powder for Nosebleeds
Reviews of WoundSeal Powder