Mobility Transfer Blankets Feature
- Reposition, lift or transfer - Minimizing the risk of injury to patients or caregivers, the transfer blanket assists in repositioning or transferring individuals safely
- Assist from any side - Handles are placed in each corner to allow for easy assistance at any angle
- Durable construction - Featuring strong, reinforced stitching, the transfer blanket is made with a durable nylon material that safely supports up to 300 pounds
- Four strong handles - Lightly padded for greater comfort, the blanket handles are also reinforced for added strength
- Waterproof non-slip exterior - Water-resistant, the blanket exterior is also non-slip for added security
- Machine washable - Easy to clean, the transfer blanket is machine washable
What to buy with Transfer Blankets
Vive Transfer Blankets Use
For safely transferring or repositioning a loved one or patient.
Transfer Blankets Care Instructions
- Machine wash in cold water with a mild detergent
- Air dry completely before use
- Do not bleach
- Do not try to move a patient without proper training
- Review a patient’s care plan to ensure the patient should be moved
- Do not try to move a patient if the patient does not have the strength to roll over or stay on their side
- Make sure you have the proper equipment and assistance before starting to move a patient
Transfer Blankets FAQ's
1. Can I use this transfer blanket to get someone out of bed?
Yes, the Vive transfer blanket is useful for assisting patients and loved ones who have difficulty getting out of bed.
2. Do I leave the transfer blanket under them all of the time?
Yes, the blanket can be left on the bed or wheelchair for greater convenience.
3. Is this safe for use on a hospital bed with an alternating air pressure mattress?
Yes, the transfer blanket is safe to use on any surface.
4. What are the dimensions of the transfer blanket?
The standard transfer blanket measures 35” by 34”.
5. Which side faces the patient?
The side of the blanket with the nylon webbing should be facing the patient.
6. Is the blanket waterproof?
Yes, the Vive transfer blanket is waterproof.
7. How much weight will the transfer blanket hold?
The standard size transfer blanket safely supports up to 300 pounds.
8. Does the transfer blanket make a crinkly noise?
No, the nylon transfer blanket is quiet.
9. Will we be able to lift someone off of the floor with the blanket?
Yes! The Vive transfer blanket will allow you to safely assist an individual who has fallen or slid to the floor.
10. Is the transfer blanket washable?
Yes! The transfer blanket is machine washable in cold water with a mild detergent. Allow to air dry completely before use.
11. Can I use this blanket with a transfer board?
Yes! The blanket is fitted with pockets to secure a transfer board like the Vive transfer board for additional stability.
12. How many handles are there around the blanket?
The small transfer blanket has four handles, one in each corner for easy assistance at any angle.