Milliken Silver AFM Ag Dressing Features
- Provides 7 day broad spectrum antimicrobial efficacy
- May be used under compression
- Remains intact when exposed to fluid and during removal
- SelectSilver sustained release ion technology kills infection-causing microbes such as MRSA, VRE, and Pseudomonas
- Excess fluid moves quickly and evenly through AFM Ag into a secondary dressing to help prevent maceration
- Soft and flexible for greater patient comfort and range of motion
- Causes less disturbance to the wound bed due to fewer dressing changes
- Can be cut to size
- Conformable and easy to use on difficult to dress areas
Indications For Use of AFM Ag Antimicrobial Dressing
- Partial thickness burns
- Skin grafts
- Donor Sites
- Stage II-IV dermal ulcers (vascular, venous, pressure and diabetic)
- Transfer Layer -
- Designed with an extremely hydrophilic fiber
- Pulls exudate through the Protection Layer and into a secondary dressing
- Creates a continuous capacity to handle moisture and exudate
- Micro Knit Process -
- Creates the transfering mechanism by which the two layers interact
- Facilitates balance and regulates moisture at the wound bed
- Protection Layer -
- The layer that makes contact with the wound bed
- Supports 2 critical functions: regulating moisture and protecting healthy skin
- Unidirectional fibers only wick moisture vertically through the dressing
Click Here For User Manual
What to buy with Milliken SelectSilver dressing
Active Fluid Management:
Active Fluid Management Technology is a three part design that combines two layers of high performance fabric using a micro-knit process. This creates a powerful moisture transfer mechanism that pulls away and traps excess exudate. The combination of these fabrics keeps the periwound skin dry, the wound bed moist, and harmful exudate away from a healing wound.
SelectSilver releases silver ions (Ag+) from inert carrier particles composed of zirconium phosphate. The ions are released upon exposure to moisture containing sodium, as is found in bodily fluids such as exudate. The silver ions are released slowly throughout the use of the dressings up to 7 days, reducing the risk of silver toxicity to sensitive cells or the stinging or staining associated with rapid, uncontrolled release of silver. The results of extensive laboratory testing have demonstrated that the silver ions released by SelectSilver Antimicrobial technology are effective against a broad spectrum of Gram + and Gram – bacteria, antibiotic-resistant bacteria, as well as fungi.
Directions for Use:
||1. Remove Silver dressing from package. If required, dressing can be cut to size.
||2. Apply it with printed side of dressing away from the wound.
||3. Add absorbent secondary dressing on top of the dressing (eg gauze, ABD pad, foam, compression dressing).
||4. Secure both dressings using standard methods.
||5. If secondary dressing becomes saturated, discard saturated secondary dressing without disturbing dressing.
||6. Add a new absorbent secondary dressing on top of the dressing (eg gauze, ABD pad, foam, compression dressing).
||7. Resecure both dressings using standard methods.
||8. Replace Silver dressing per doctors orders. Gently lift dressings from the wound. If needed, moisten with saline or water to ease removal.
Directions for Removal:
Milliken Silver dressings should be changed when clinically indicated or as prescribed by a healthcare professional. Carefully remove the fixative and the dressing from the wound. Normally the dressing does not adhere to the wound. If adherence is observed, the dressing can be moistened with sterile saline or water to ease removal.
- This dressings should not be used on patients with a known sensitivity to silver and AFM Ag
- In case of suspected allergic reaction, discontinue use immediately and contact your healthcare provide
Precautions and Observations:
- AFM Ag and SelectSilver dressings are not approved for use directly on full thickness burns
- The Active Fluid Management performance of AFM Ag dressings may be impaired by use with petrolatum-based ointments
- The use of this dressings during radiation treatment or examinations such as X-rays, ultrasonic treatment, diathermy, microwaves, MRI or HBO has not been demonstrated
- The use of this dressings during pregnancy, lactation and for pediatric use has not been demonstrated
- Milliken Silver dressings should be stored at temperatures less than 131 degrees F
- Keep dry
Reasons to buy from HPFY
- Customer care available 24/7 on chat
- Safe and Secure shopping
- Flexible Payment Options
- Authorized Retailer of most reputed brands in medical supplies and equipment