One Touch Delica Lancing System Features
- Reduced vibration for less movement and more control
- Glide control provides the more precise lancing
- Can be used with UltraMini blood glucose meter
- Accepts OneTouch Delica lancets only
- Reduced vibration for smoother lancing
- Advanced Glide Control System is designed for comfortable testing
- OneTouch Delica Lancets available in two sizes: 30 Gauge (Fine) and 33 Gauge (Extra Fine)
- Virtually pain-free testing
- Easy-to-use ergonomic design
- 7 depth settings allow for personal comfort
- Quiet lancing experience
- Ejection control for easy removal of used lancets
- Lifescan Delica Lancing User Guide
How to use OneTouch Lancing Device?
Prepare your sample site:
- Before you test your blood sugar, wash your hands and forearm (if applicable) thoroughly with warm, soapy water
- Rinse and dry Completely
Preparing your lancing device:
- Remove the lancing device cap
- Remove the cap by turning it counterclockwise and then pulling it straight off of the device.
- Insert a sterile lancet into the lancing device
- Align the lancet as shown here, so that the lancet fits into the lancet holder. Push the lancet into the device until it snaps into place and is fully seated in the holder.
- Twist the protective cover one full turn until it separates from the lancet. Save the protective cover for lancet removal and disposal
- Replace the lancing device cap
- Place the cap back onto the device; turn clockwise to secure the cap
- Adjust the depth setting
- The lancing device has seven puncture depth settings, numbered 1 through 7.
- Smaller numbers are for a shallower puncture and the larger numbers are for a deeper puncture.
- Shallower punctures work for children and most adults. Deeper punctures work well for people with thick or callused skin.
- Turn the depth wheel to choose the setting.
- Note: A shallower puncture may be less painful. Try a shallower setting first and increase the depth until you find the one deep enough to get a blood sample of the proper size
- Cock the lancing device
- Slide the cocking control back until it clicks.
- If it does not click, it may already have been cocked when you inserted the lancet.
Sampling blood from the fingertip
- Puncture your finger
- Hold the lancing device firmly against the side of your finger. Press the release button. Remove the lancing device from your finger.
- Get a round drop of blood
- Gently squeeze and/or massage your fingertip until a round drop of blood forms on your fingertip
- Apply the sample
- Apply the blood sample. Follow the instructions in your User Guide for proper sample application.
- If the blood smears or runs, Do Not use that sample. Dry the area and gently squeeze another drop of blood or puncture a new site.