Vive Grab Bar Features
- Added Bathroom Safety:
Provides additional stability when entering or exiting the bathtub or shower
- Tool-Free Installation:
Easily installs with two strong suction cup bases with locking latches
- Colored Securing Indicators:
Indicators display red when not secure and green when secure, making sure the grab bar is safe to use
- Versatile Positioning:
Position the grab bar securely to attach to any non-porous surface such as tile, glass, or acrylic
- Comfortable Nonslip Grip:
Contoured to easily fit in your hand, the handle is lined with a nonslip textured rubber for a secure grip
- Durable Composite Construction:
Supporting up to 300 pounds, the grab bar is made with a durable composite material
Vive Suction Grab Bars User Manual
What to buy with Wall Grab Bars
How to use Vive Suction Grab Bar
- Remove product from carton and read instructions carefully before attempting to assembly the product. No tools required.
- Check the suction cups and check the smooth, pore-tight surface to make sure it is clean thoroughly before placing the suction grab bars.
- Firmly press rubber suction cups to the clean flat surface making sure the latches are up and suction cups are flat and not lying on any grout lines, cracks or joints where suction will not be secure.
- Apply pressure to the handle grip while flipping down both latches into the lock position. The resistance of the negative pressure generated must be clearly felt. The greater the resistance the stronger the suction. The indicator on the side of the suction cup will change from RED to GREEN when a safe and secure hold is achieved.
- Before each use, test the firm hold of the suction device making sure both indicators are GREEN.
- Be sure to attach to smooth. dry, non-porous surface only. If installed on tile. the tile must be 4" x 4" or greater. Do not install on tile grout lines.
How to remove Vive Shower Bar for Elderly?
- Release both latches upward.
- Slide fingertip under rubber seal tab and pull towards away from the surface to release suction.
Suction Grab Bar Maintinance
- Always keep rubber suction cups free of oil and dust.
- Clean the rubber discs with standard household cleaning agents.
- Never expose the rubber discs to sunlight for long periods otherwise they will lose their elasticity.
- Check the rubber suction cups for possible deterioration. If the suction cups show damage. replace immediately.
Vive Grab Bar FAQs
How much weight will it hold? Can I install this on my fiberglass tub surround?
Yes, the grab bar easily installs on glass, acrylic, tile or sealed fiberglass that is clean and dry.
Is it a true grab bar or only a stabilizer?
It is a sturdy grab bar providing additional stability and securely supporting up to 300 pounds.
Can the grab bar be installed with screws or is it only with suction cups?
The grab bar can only be installed with the integrated suction cup locking latches.
Does this bar stay secure on a fiberglass shower wall?
The suction grab bar will work on sealed fiberglass. We recommend glass or porcelain material for secure hold. Suction cups will not adhere to porous or non-sealed materials
Will the grab bar work in a tiled bathroom?
Yes! The grab bar can be installed on tile, provided the tile is smooth and flat with no grout lines underneath the suction cups.
What are the dimensions of the suction cups?
Each suction cup is 3.75” in diameter.
Can I use this to pull myself up from sitting in the tub?
Yes, the grab bar can be installed on the edge of most bathtubs for assistance in exiting the tub.
What if the indicator turns red?
If the color indicator turns red simply release the locking latches, clean and dry the surface as well as the suction cup bases and reinstall them in the desired position.
What type of surfaces will the suction grab bars work on?
The suction cups will stick to a wide variety of surfaces as long as the surface is smooth and flat. Curved surfaces, bumpy surfaces, and some tile walls will not allow the suction mechanism to function properly.
Suction Shower Grab Bars Guarantee
60 day guarantee