- Talkable III Communicator requires 4 AA batteries
- Comes with clear covers
- Weight: 1lb
- Carefully turn unit over and remove the small screw from the battery compartment. Slide the battery compartment cover off. Observing polarity, install four AA size batteries (Not included) into the holder. Replace cover and screw. Next install 4 AAA batteries. Alkaline batteries must be used only (e.g. Duracell or Energizer brand). Do not use rechargeable batteries or any other type of batteries because they supply lower voltage and the unit will not perform properly.
- Never mix brands, types or old and new batteries together. Replace the battery compartment cover and replace the screw.
- Turn the unit on by turning the ON/OFF/VOLUME knob located on the bottom panel of the unit. To record, first press and hold the red RECORD" button press down one of the colored plates. While continuing to hold the plate down, speak your message. Release both when you finish recording. Record on the other plate in the same manner.
- To play back your message, press lightly on the plate of your choice. It is not necessary to continue holding the plate down when listening to the message. The unit will continue to playback the entire message, even if pressure on the plate is released.
- The unit will retain recorded information indefinitely, even if the batteries are disconnected. Previously stored information will be erased only when a new recording is performed.
- Playback volume can be adjusted using the ON/OFF/VOLUME" control knob located on the bottom panel of the unit.
- This unit can also be used to activate switch adapted toys or devices. Simply attach the toy or device to the corresponding 1/8 inch female jack using the cords provided. There is an output jack for each or the switch plates. When the plate is pressed, the message will play and the toy or device will be activated. Make sure all connections are tight with no gaps between cords.
- Note: The memory of this unit is capable of holding up to a total of 5seconds of speech information.
Talkable III Communicator user guide
Talkable III user manual
- Care of the Unit:
- The Talkable ll can be wiped clean with any mild household multi-purpose, non-abrasive cleaner and disinfectant.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners, as they will scratch the surface of the unit.
- Do not submerge the unit, as it will damage the electrical components.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many seconds of record time for each button?
For each product record time is noted per button with a maximum record of 5 seconds per button.
2. How much force is needed for activation?
Between 25 and 35 grams of force. This is very light.