Features of Span America APM Alternating Pressure Air Therapy Mattress
- APM Alternating Pressure Mattress has head-to-foot air cylinders for better pressure reduction
- Bacteriostatic top fabric is fluid-proof, fire resistant, tear resistant, cleanable and replaceable
- Better support in seat area when head of bed is raised
- Geo-Matt style foam topper has more than 800 individually articulating cells that redistributes pressure, reduces heat and skin moisture buildup
- Foam topper is 2" deep that reduces shear to underlying tissues
- Heel Slope designed further reduce heel pressure
- Patented inner bolster ’cradling effect’ for user safety
- Unmatched edge-of-bed stability
- Helps ensure safer transfers
- Minimizes risk of falls and entrapment
- Control unit:
- Comfort dial provides firmness control without compromising pressure redistribution
- Choice of Modes: Alternate (cylinders inflate and deflate in a fixed 8-minute cycle) or Float
- Visual low pressure indicator
What to buy with Span-America PressureGuard APM Mattress
How to clean Span America APM Alternating Pressure Air Therapy Mattress?
- Cover can be wiped clean with neutral suds and lukewarm water.
- Rinse and dry.
- For hard to clean spots, use standard liquid household/vinyl cleaners with a soft bristle brush.
FAQs of PressureGuard APM Mattress
Q. What is the difference between alternating pressure and low-air-loss?
Alternating pressure mattresses consist of individual air tubes that inflate and deflate on a set schedule, and in an A-B-A-B pattern. That is, at a given moment the A tubes are inflated and the B tubes are deflated, and then they reverse. This automatically changes the pressures on a given point on the body, enhancing tissue perfusion by "milking" blood through capillaries as pressure is applied and released.
Low-air-loss mattresses consist of large bladders punctured by tiny pin-holes. Air diffuses up through these holes, and into the space between the air bladders or cylinders and the cover. Heat and moisture vapor from the patient diffuse down through the cover into this space, and is pushed away from the patient and out of the mattress/cover system. If this is done effectively, low-air-loss can reduce the negative effects of heat and moisture buildup on the skin.
Q. How to store the PressureGuard APM Mattress?
Always store the surface flat on a clean, level surface. Avoid storage of other equipment on top of the mattress. When removing the mattress from storage, always ensure the internal inflation system is aligned correctly prior to placing a patient on the surface.
Q. What kind of Bed Liners are recommended with Span America Air Mattress APM?
Seven-inch deep fitted sheets are recommended. Multiple layering of linens or underpads beneath the patient should be avoided for the prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers.
Q. When to use PressureGuard APM Mattress?
The PressureGuard APM (Alternating Pressure Mattress) are powered, flotation therapy mattresses providing a pressure management surface for the prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Specifications of Pressure Guard Therapy Mattress
Warranty of Span America Therapy Mattress
18 months non-prorated warranty