ROHO Enhancer Wheelchair Cushion Features
- Unique contoured surface of roho wheelchair cushion provides channeling of the legs and enhances lateral stability and body positioning
- ROHO cushions, unlike foam products, provide the ability to adjust and conform with an individual body, now constantly and as they change throughout the months and years
- ROHO cushions support the shifts and movements that individuals make throughout each day.
- Enhance cushion by Roho provides unparalleled performance in minimizing tissue deformation and facilitating blood flow by fitting, matching, and adapting to the shape of an individual
- The wheelchair cushion provides positioning with a multiple cell height. This two-compartment system allows the individual to adjust the interior bucket seat section for reduced pressure on the ischia while adjusting the two outer perimeter rows for enhanced stability and positioning
- ROHO has been used to reinforce and verify that a ROHO Cushion heals, treats, and prevents pressure injuries, including deep tissue injury
What to buy with ROHO Cushion?
When to use Wheelchair Cushion by ROHO?
ROHO Enhancer Wheelchair Cushion may be suitable for individuals who:
- Have a history of skin/soft tissue breakdown and/or any stage pressure ulcers (including deep tissue injury), skin grafts, and/or myocutaneous flap surgery
- Currently have skin/soft tissue breakdown and/or any stage pressure ulcer (including deep tissue injury)
- Are at risk for skin/soft tissue breakdown and/or deep tissue injury
- Have normal or impaired sensation
- Require accommodation of pelvic asymmetry, up to approximately 1 in./2.5 cm
- Require increased sitting stability
- Require lower extremity alignment
- Require correction of pelvic asymmetry (medial lateral)
How to use ROHO Wheelchair Cushion?
How to Inflate the Wheelchair Cushion by ROHO?
- Place the cushion in the wheelchair with the air cells facing up and the non-skid surface of the cover facing down. Consult your prescriber about alternate positions of inflation valves.
- Slide the rubber nozzle of the hand pump over the inflation valve. Pinch the nozzle, turn to open the inflation valve, and inflate the air cells.
- When all of the air cells are inflated and the cushion begins to arch slightly, pinch the rubber nozzle of the hand pump and turn to close the inflation valve completely.
- Remove the hand pump.
- Repeat cushion inflation for all valves.
How To Adjust Your ROHO Wheelchair Cushion?
||1. Place cushion on chair, making sure it is centered with air cells up, with air valve in front, left corner (when the user is seated). Turn valve counterclockwise to open.
||2. Slide the rubber nozzle of pump over the valve and inflate the cushion until it begins to slightly arch upward.
||3. Pinch the pump nozzle and turn valve clockwise to close. Remove pump. (Repeat steps 1 - 3 for remaining air valves on multi-valve cushions.)
||4. Have the user sit in the chair, making sure the cushion is centered underneath. The user should be seated in their normal sitting position.
||5. Slide your hand between the cushion surface and the user bottom. Lift their leg slightly and feel for their lowest bony prominence. Then lower their leg to a sitting position.
||6. Turn valve counterclockwise to let out air, while keeping your hand under the lowest bony prominence of person. Release air until you can barely move your finger tips – no more than 1 inch (2.5 cm) and no less than 1/2 inch (1.5 cm). Turn valve clockwise to close.
Safety Precautions while using ROHO Enhancer Dual Compartment Wheelchair Cushion
- To Clean the Cover:
- Remove the cover.
- Machine wash in cold water (30 degrees C) with mild detergent, gentle cycle, or wipe clean with neutral detergent and warm water.
- Tumble dry low.
- To Clean the Cushion:
- Remove the cover, close valve(s), and place in a large sink.
- Hand washes, using mild liquid hand soap, hand dishwashing liquid, laundry detergent, or a multipurpose detergent.
- Gently scrub all cushion surfaces, using a soft plastic bristle brush, a sponge, or a cloth.
- Rinse with clean water.
- Air dry.
- Do not expose to direct sunlight.
Cleaning Manual of Roho Enhancer Cushion
Instruction Manual of Roho Enhancer Wheelchair Cushion
ROHO Cushion Specifications
||Flame-resistant, black neoprene (not made with natural rubber latex)
||Approximate range (due to varying cell heights): 2.25 in. to 4.25 / 5.5 cm to 10.5 cm without load.
||14.75 in. / 37.5 cm to 20 in. / 50.5 cm
||Varies by size, approximately 3 lbs. / 1.4 kg (based on size ENH99C)
||There is no weight limit, yet the cushion must be properly sized to the individual.
ROHO Cushion Warranty
2 year limited warranty