What is the purpose of PowerPlay Compression Pump?
- The purpose of the PowerPlay PPRT-01, when used with PowerPlay site wraps, is to provide relief from minor muscle pain while temporarily improving blood circulation to the area
- This is accomplished by an electronically controlled intermittent compression pump unit delivering air to the wraps that, in turn, compress the tissue in the treated area by simulating stroking and kneading by the hands
- The pump unit will inflate the wraps to a specified pressure of 30 mmHg, 40 mmHg, 50 mmHg, 60 mmHg or 70 mmHg (set by the user), and once the pressure is reached it will hold for 10 seconds before releasing
- Cycles are repeated for 20 minutes or until the unit is turned off
- Internal rechargeable batteries allow the system to be completely portable, thus preventing interruptions in treatment
Powerplay Compression Pump Parts
Powerplay Compression Pump User Guide
What to buy with PowerPlay PPRT-01 Compression Pump
How to use Power Play Muscle Massager Pump?
- Remove items from packaging and plastic bags.
- Inspect all components for damage. If any parts appear damaged or are inoperable, contact PowerPlay Customer Service (front cover).
- Before using, connect the supplied power adapter plug into the jack on the pump and plug into the main wall socket. The LED Charge indicator will turn "Red" during the charge cycle and "Green" when the charge is complete. The unit may be used while connected to the charger, but should be disconnected from the charger when the charge is complete.
- Uncoil the tubing being careful to remove any kinks from tubing due to compacting in shipping.
- Apply wraps according to the instructions in the wrap packaging, route tubing in a manner to prevent a tripping hazard and to avoid kinking.
- Connect wrap air tubes to pump air outlets.
- After following the set-up instructions, ensure that the wraps are snugly and securely fastened as indicated in the instructions for the wrap.
- To turn the system on, press the Power button. If the unit will not power on, connect the wall supply to charge the battery. Unit may be used while battery is being recharged.
- The display will show "On." Press the port button associated with the port where wraps are connected. The active port will be indicated by the illumination of the corresponding function indicators near the bottom of the control panel. Note that an activated port begins with a preset pressure of 50 mmHg.
- Press the Port/Set Pressure button of any active port again to set pressure to 30 mmHg, press for 40 mmHg, then to 50 mmHg, 60 mmHg, and again for 70 mmHg. Pressing a fifth time will turn that port OFF.
- Note: Adjustments can be made at any time that the pump is at "rest" (i.e. before cycling begins or during "rest" periods between wrap inflations). When a wrap is being inflated, a slow flashing of the corresponding “port indicator” indicates the active port. If adjustments are made during a “rest” period, the unit will resume cycling at the end of that rest period. The number of wraps selected determines the “rest” time. In a single port mode (Port 1, Port 2 OR Port 3 only modes), the rest period is about 21 seconds from the time that the pressure is reached and the pump is turned off until the time that the wrap is repressurized. In a dual port mode (any 2 ports active), the rest period is about 12 seconds from the time the pressure is reached and the pump is turned off until the time the next wrap is pressurized. In the triple port mode, (Port 1 AND Port 2 AND Port 3), the rest period is about 12 seconds from the time the pressure is reached and the pump is turned off until the time the next wrap is pressurized. This timing ensures that each wrap is being deflated for approximately 30 seconds, thus allowing ample rest time between compressions on the affected area. It should be noted that the inflated wraps exhaust during the rest period and the display will show “—“ during that time.
- If pulsations, numbness or throbbing occur, the wrap is wrapped too tightly. Remove the wrap and re-wrap for comfort.
- If pain or swelling occurs, discontinue use and notify your medical professional immediately.
All PowerPlay products are warranted against manufacturers defects in materials or workmanship for a period of one (1) full year from the date of the original purchase. For site wraps and gel packs only, the warranty shall not apply to normal wear and tear or if the product has been subjected to misuse.