Features of Mederma Advanced Scar Gel
- Unique Triple Action Formula penetrates beneath the surface of the skin to help:
- (1) Lock in Moisture
- (2) Collagen Production
- (3) Cell Renewal
- Effective Scar Treatment, with Cepalin botanical extract, for old and new scars caused by: acne, burns, injury, or surgery.
- Clinically Shown to reduce the overall appearance of scars visibly.
- #1 Recommended Brand: Mederma is the #1 recommended brand of scar reduction treatments among Doctors, Pharmacists, Pediatricians, Dermatologists, and Plastic Surgeons
- Guaranteed Results: For best results, start using Mederma as soon as your wound has closed and continue using daily for at least 8 weeks on new scars and 3-6 months on existing scars.
What to buy with Mederma Scar Gel
How to use Mederma Scar Gel?
- For best results, start using Mederma as soon as your wound has closed and continue using daily for at least 8 weeks on new scars and 3-6 months on existing scars.
- Make sure the scab has come off naturally and any stitches have been removed.
- On older scars, you may start using Mederma immediately.
- Do not apply to broken skin.
- Generally, Mederma users see noticeable improvement after about 4 weeks of daily usage, with optimum improvement in 8 weeks.
Warnings for Mederma Advanced Scar Gel
- For external use only.
- When using this product, do not get into the eyes.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if the condition worsens or if symptoms last more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days.
- Do not use it on deep or puncture wounds, animal bites, or serious burns.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
What are the ingredients of Mederma Scar Gel?
- Active Ingredients:
- Allantoin - 0.5 % (Skin Protectant)
- Inactive Ingredients:
- Peg 4
- Xanthan Gum
- Allium Cepa (Onion) Bulb Extract
- Sorbic Acid
- Sodium Hyaluronate
FAQs About Mederma Advanced Scar Gel
What is Mederma Gel?
It is the first topical gel created to help reduce the appearance of scars. It is made from a proprietary botanical extract to form a greaseless gel that is pleasant-smelling, easy to use, and, most importantly, effective.
When should I start using Mederma Gel?
As soon as your wound has healed or your sutures have been removed. Or, start using Mederma Gel immediately on older scars.
Who should use Mederma Gel?
Anyone with a scar can use Mederma Gel. When used as directed, it is safe for all ages. However, some people may be sensitive ti its ingredients, so if you experience severe itching, swelling, or scar discoloration, stop using Mederma Gel immediately. If symptoms persist, you should contact your doctor.
So What makes Mederma Gel different?
First, Mederma Gel is the number 1 doctor-recommended product for scars. It is also an invisible topical gel. So, unlike cosmetic pads or silicone sheeting, your scar management is never noticeable.
Does Mederma Gel make scars disappear?
No product can make scars disappear completely. But Mederma Gel can help them appear softer, smoother, and less noticeable.
What Is Cepalin?
Cepalin is the proprietary botanical extract used in Mederma Gel. It softens hardened scar tissue and improves the color, texture, and overall appearance of scars.
How many times a day can I use Mederma Scar Gel?
For optimal results, use the product as directed and apply pply Mederma for Kids 3 times a day, every day, for 8 weeks, on new scars and 3 times a day, every day for 3 to 6 months, on old scars.