Covidien Curity 8ply Gauze Sponges Features
- Meet or exceed USP type VII gauze requirements which ensure highest quality and low contamination
- Available in 10s for faster, easier handling
- Economical dressing in broad range of sizes and plys
- Non-sterile sponges conveniently indexed in 10s for faster, easier handling
What to buy with Covidien Curity Sponges?
How to choose Medical Gauze Sponges?
Medical gauze is a light material intended for post-surgical wound applications or healing of deep wound. Numerous medical gauze applications are for direct wound placement and keeping a sterile environment is foremost for healthy, uninhibited healing. The gauze dressings can be medicated or impregnated with sterile or made for wound debridement -- particulary in cases where the wound is large and the incidence of necrotic tissue may be present.
The two common categories of gauze are made from woven and non-woven materials.
- Woven: Typically means that the gauze contains layers of woven cotton layered together into numerous ply sheets.
- Non-Woven: Non-woven gauze is ordinarily manufactured fabric made to look like a woven dressing yet maintain the same air circulation ability.
If you are a patient, woundcare specialist or a nurse will dress the wound with the appropriate gauze. It is good to first ask the specialist about the product and procedures before purchasing anything different. It is important to become familiar with the gauze type given, note the name of the product as well as the reference number.
As specified, the gauze will be one of two types: woven and non-woven. With woven gauze, it is a straight cotton weave. This typically is the cheapest and most utilized cloth fabric. For primary dressing applications, woven is not recommended. Sterile, woven gauze can be used for a secondary dressing with most woundcare applications, but as a primary dressing, for a heavy exudating wounds, it will be hindering to the healing process. The wound can dry and cake around the dressing, making removal both harming and painful as it can drag up the granulating wound tissue.
Covidien Gauze Sponge Reviews