Graham-Field Lumex Padded Tub Transfer Bench Features
- Transfer Bench is comfortable, cushioned seat and backrest are water-tight
- Anodized aluminum frame is lightweight, durable and rust-resistant
- Seat height is adjustable in 1" increments
- Reversible to accommodate any bathroom
- Knock-down design makes transporting easy
- Quick and easy tool-free assembly
- Maximum Weight Capacity 300 lbs
What to buy with Transfer Bench
How to use Graham Field Lumex Transfer Bench?
Graham Field Lumex Padded Tub Transfer Bench User Manual
- Attaching the Leg Extensions:
- Place the frame on its side on a level surface
- Attach leg extension with suction feet to the frame on the same side as where the support arm will be. Attach leg extension with flange tips to frame on the opposite side of the frame.
- The transfer bench legs with suction feet should be the 2 legs that are to be placed inside the tub. Note: Ensure leg extension push buttons protrude fully through plastic guide holes.
- Attaching the Backrest:
- Determine the side on which the backrest should be mounted by knowing which direction the user will face when sitting on the bench in the tub
- Position the bench upright on a level surface
- Locate the channel (4 each) on the underside of seat. Align backrest support tubes with channel guides.
- Slide backrest seat support tubes through channel guides until seat support tube push buttons protrude fully through channel guide holes.
- Slide back support on to the seat support tubes until the push buttons protrude fully.
- Attaching the Support Arm:
- To attach the support arm, position the sear arm against the leg frame and slide the armrest tubing into the tube openings until it clicks into place. Make sure that the push buttons fully protrude through the holes in the bracket. Note: An audible "click" will be heard
- To remove the support arm, depress the push buttons and pull up. Note: The end with the support arm and suction feet is the side that should be inside the tub.
- Adjusting Leg Height:
- Depress the height adjustment button and slide the lower leg upward or downward until the height adjustment button clicks into place in the desired hole.
- Repeat for other 3 legs. Caution: Ensure that all 4 legs are adjusted to the same height, and that all height adjustment buttons protrude fully through adjustment holes before use.
- Using Your Transfer Bench:
- From a seated position (Such as a wheelchair):
- Place your wheelchair next to the bench, facing the front of the bathtub
- Engage wheelchair locks
- Transfer your torso to the transfer bench first, and then lift your legs into the tub. Move slowly to prevent injuries.
- After bathing, lift your legs out of the tub first, then your torso.
- From a standing position:
- Sit on the side of the transfer bench that is outside of the tub
- Extend your arms to grab the support arm of the bench and slide your body over onto the bench. Lift each leg over the tub slowly.
- Position yourself to a comfortable position in center of the bench.
- After bathing, lift your legs out of the tub first, then your torso slowly
: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Lumex Padded Tub Transfer Bench Specifications
|Minimum Seat Height||18"|
|Maximum Seat Height||22"|
|Weight Capacity||300 lbs|
The frame is warranted for 5 years. Other parts such as tips, wheels/casters, and handgrips are warranted for 3 moths.