Features of EWheels EW-12 Three Wheel Electric Scooter
- This scooter comes with a large, oversized deluxe seat with a seat back, which improves driving performance and the rider's comfort
- This 3-wheel scooter comes with a front basket, under-seat storage, and a lockable rear storage compart behind the seat
- This recreational scooter comes equipped with a key for remote control and an alarm system to keep your unit safe when you are not around
- Comes with a tablet-style digital display which shows battery life and speed
- EW-12 comes with a rear spring suspension to give you a smooth ride
Important requirements when using a scooter
An individual needs to have the following:
- Good upper body strength
- Adequate control of the torso
- Dexterity to operate controls
- Ability to transfer to and from the scooter seat
What to buy with EWheels EW-12 Scooter
How to operate EWheels EW-12 3-Wheel Mobility Scooter?
- Battery Power Indicator: The battery power indicator bars will light up when turned on. The battery indicator bars will only be displayed when the scooter is turned on. The bars represent the scooter’s current charge level.
- Emergency Brake Tab: The emergency brake is under the left side brake handle. The tab holds tension in the brake lines to keep the unit stationary while not in use. Activate by pulling the tab towards the handle while squeezing the left brake handle. The tab will travel towards the handle when the brake handle is approximately halfway. Squeeze the left brake handle to deactivate.
- Tiller Controls: See below for all tiller functions labeled below. Status lights on the tiller will illuminate or flash when the feature is activated.
How to charge E-Wheels EW-12 3 Wheel Scooter?
- The smart charger included with your scooter will shut off its high current mode when the scooter is fully charged.
- When the light on the charger is red, the scooter is still charging.
- The scooter is fully charged when the light turns green.
- Once fully charged, unplug within two hours to avoid overcharging.
- The charging time varies depending on how charged the batteries are. If almost empty, the charge time may take up to 8 hours.
- If the red light stays on for more than 8 hours, unplug the charger.
- Do not exceed 8 hours of charge time.
Batteries and Battery Maintenance:
- Only use the recommended batteries for your scooter.
- Do not use lithium-ion batteries.
- The batteries can be charged as needed without causing damage.
- You can wait until low or charge right after a short ride.
- Avoid leaving it on the charger for an extended period to avoid potential damage.
- Specification of the battery that we recommend: Type: (4) 12 volt, 20 AH, Deep Cycle, Maintenance Free, Sealed Lead Acid
- Do not use automotive starter batteries. They are not designed to handle long deep discharge and are unsafe for use in your scooter.
- The useful life of a battery is quite often a reflection of the care it receives.
- Always charge the batteries in a well-ventilated area.
- The charger is intended for indoor use only.
- Replace all batteries at the same time if weak.
- Recharge the scooter at least once every month when not in use to avoid deterioration of the batteries.
The EW-12 has the best stability and performs the best under normal driving conditions (dry, level ground with concrete or asphalt). Extra care must be taken when riding on other surfaces (grass, gravel, etc.).
Do not exceed the specified climbing angle. Do not operate the scooter before fully reading and understanding the manual.
- Always turn the scooter off before getting on or off the scooter.
- Avoid driving in loose gravel, covered soil, and sandstone.
- Do not drive the scooter in unknown road conditions.
- The scooter can ride over small obstacles within a certain height, but you must minimize the speed and slowly drive over the obstacle.
- Do not operate the scooter under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Do not park on steep slopes.
- Changing the initial setting of refitting your scooter is forbidden.
- Use caution when operating near busy streets, markets, or shopping centers. Do not operate in unsafe areas.
- Consult local authorities about the traffic rules for scooters in your city.
- Hold the handlebar with both hands and put both feet on the floorboard while driving the scooter.
- Never sit on the scooter in a moving vehicle.
- Do not drive on uneven slopes or uneven ground; be careful when passing over slopes.
- Never take the scooter on an escalator.
- Do not operate on frozen, slippery, or salty roads.
- Never let the batteries freeze; do not charge when frozen.
- Do not let the batteries ever go completely dead. When low, do not let it sit for an extended period, or damage may occur.
- Always use required safety equipment while operating.
- Do not modify or change the electrical system and frame. Doing so will void the warranty.
EWheels EW-12 Three Wheel Scooter Specifications
||500 watt Trans-Axel Motor
||48 Volt, 20 AH
|Rear View Mirrors
||Front and Rear Drum Brakes
||Front and Rear
|Variable Twist Throttle
||11" Wide and 21" Deep
|Seat Base height
||From Floor Height 29"
Yes, Speedometer with Battery Gauge, 3 Speed Settings Low, Medium and HighÂ
Turn Signals, Brake Lights, Front Headlight, Rear Light
|Anti-Theft Alarm System
Yes, Keyless Remote
|Battery Indicator Gauge
||Front and Rear Tire Size 13.5"/3"
|Front Suspension Fork
||Two Heavy Duty Shocks