What to buy with iGO2 Battery Pack
Also available sold separately
How to use DeVilbiss iGO2 Battery Pack
DeVilbiss iGO2 Initial Battery Charge
Before using the device on battery power for the first time, the battery needs to be fully charged. Optional spare batteries purchased should also be fully charged before first use.
- To charge DeVilbiss iGo2 portable concentrator battery, simply attach the power supply to the device and an AC or DC power source using the appropriate power cord.
- The battery status indicator blinks to show charge level while the battery is charging, and stays on once battery is fully charged (99%).
If you purchased spare batteries for backup, insert into the concentrator one at a time and charge as above.
Drive iGO2 Battery Charging
During charge, the battery status indicator blinks while the battery is charging; it stays on solid when battery is not charging.
To charge iGo2 portable concentrator battery:
- Using AC Power - attach the power supply to the concentrator and an AC power source using the appropriate power cord.
- Using DC Power -Your iGo2 includes a DC Cord that allows the concentrator to operate from DC accessory power port outlets such as those found in motor vehicles.
- Start your vehicleNOTE– Do not leave the iGo2 or Power Supply plugged into the vehicle without the engine running or attempt to start the vehicle while either is connected to the vehicle. This may drain the vehicle’s battery.
- Attach Power Supply to the concentrator and to the vehicle accessory power port using the DC power cord.
- Secure the iGo2 POC and the Power Supply in your vehicle and make sure the air inlet and exhaust vents are not blocked.
Battery will not charge if plugged into power source less than 13.8V but the device will function correctly.Typical Battery Recharge Time
- The typical time to recharge your battery from a fully discharged condition is less than 5 hours dependent upon the setting.
Battery will charge in less than 3 hours from fully discharged state with device off and plugged into AC power; or less than 4 hours when using DC power. While using the concentrator, charge time will be less than 5 hours from fully discharged state using either AC or DC power.NOTE-
Battery will not charge if plugged into power source less than 13.8V but the device will function correctly.
How to check DeVilbiss Battery Charge Level
Discharging Battery Bar Table (Unplugged)
- Display (installed Battery) - To check the battery charge level percent, press and hold either the “+” or “-“ button, and the percent of battery remaining display will be shown. The display will revert back to prescription setting in a few seconds, but the battery status indicator is always shown.
- Spare Battery (not installed) - To check the charge level on a spare battery, simply press the Charge Status Button on the individual battery.
The following battery safety warnings must be observed at all times:
|Battery Charge Status||Displayed Charge||Battery Bar Display # of Bars Lit|
|90-100%||90-99||5 bars steady|
|70-89%||70-89||4 bars steady|
|50-69%||50-69||3 bars steady|
|30-49%||30-49||2 bars steady|
|11-29%||11-29||1 bar steady|
|6-10%||6-10||1 bar blinking at 1 Hz (slow flash)|
*Device will shutdown within 2 minutes of reporting 5% charge remaining
|1 bar blinking at 3.3 Hz (fast flash)|
- Do not drop, hit, crush, or otherwise abuse the battery as this may result in the exposure of the cell contents, which are corrosive.
- Do not subject battery to mechanical shock.
- In the event of a battery leaking, do not allow the liquid to come in contact with the skin or eyes. If contact has been made, wash the affected area with copious amounts of water and seek medical advice.
- Do not expose the battery to fire or extreme heat. Do not incinerate. Exposure of the battery to extreme heat may result in an explosion. Avoid storage in direct sunlight.
- Do not expose the battery to water, rain or moisture of any type.
- Do not expose to water, fire or excessive heat.
- Do not crush, disassemble, puncture or short circuit the connector terminals.
- Do not open, disassemble, or attempt to repair the battery; there are no user-serviceable parts inside.
- Do not short-circuit battery.
- Do not store batteries haphazardly in a box or drawer where they may short circuit each other or be short-circuited by other metal objects.
- Keep batteries out of the reach of children.
- Keep batteries clean and dry.
- Use only the battery in the application for which it was intended.
- Periodically inspect connection cords, connector tips and the power supply for damage or signs of wear. Discontinue use if damaged.
- Charge the battery before initial use.
- Recommended maximum time between charges = 1 year
- Recommendation: Store the battery below 25°C (77°F), low humidity, no dust and no corrosive gas atmosphere. Store fully charged if possible.
- This device contains electrical and/or electronic equipment.
- The battery must be recycled or disposed of properly.