How To Operate Charley The Chameleon?
- Charley Chameleon requires 3 AA batteries (Not included) to operate. Use alkaline batteries only (e.g. Duracell or Energizer brand). Do not use rechargeable batteries or any other type of batteries because they supply lower voltage and the unit will not perform properly. Never mix old and new batteries together or different brands or types together.
- The battery compartment is located in the Velcro pocket under Charley Chameleonâ€™s neck. Open the flap then, using a Phillips head screwdriver open and remove the batter cover. Next install 3 AAA batteries paying close attention to proper battery polarity.
- Replace the battery compartment cover and secure it with the screw. Set the ON/OFF switch to ON.
- Connect Charley Chameleon to any external capability switch (not included) via the jack located at the end of his cord. Charley Chameleon is equipped with a 1/8" jack for use with external capability switches with a 1/8" plug. Make sure to plug your switch all the way in. There should be no gaps.
- Actuate your external capability switch, once and rain forest sounds play while soft lights transition gradually from one color to the next. Press your switch a second time and tropical tunes play while the light colors jump from one to the next. The third time you activate your switch, only the lights will shine. The fourth switch activation turns Charley off. Also works without a switch by squeezing Charley Chameleonâ€™s front left foot. Charley has an auto shut off after 45 minutes.
- When finished using Charley Chameleon turn his ON/OFF switch to off to prevent false activations and to prevent battery drain.
- Problem: Charley Chameleon does not function correctly.
- Action #1: Replace the batteries paying close attention to proper battery polarity.
- Action #2: Make sure that the connection between the external capability switch and the jack is pushed in all the way. There should be NO gaps.
- Action #3: Try your switch with another switch operated toy/device in an effort to rule out your switch as the source of the problems.
Care of Unit -Â If you will not be using Charley Chameleon for an extended amount of time, we recommend removing the batteries.
Do not submerge -Â unit in water, as it will damage the electrical components. Charley Chameleon is surface washable only.