Aspen Vista Collar Features
- One-Size-Fit-All : One size fit eliminates the need for sizing methods of any kind. The innovative design on the Vista allows the practitioner to simply apply the collar and then adjust to the proper height
- Improved Skin Care : The patented design of the Apson vista Cervical Collar disperses pressure, reducing the possibility of skin breakdown
- Dial Height Adjustment :
- Getting the correct size for the patient is easy using the Vista Dial Height Adjustment System
- Simply pull and turn the dial to select one of six Vista height settings
- Automatic Lock :Once the correct height has been determined, releasing the dial automatically locks the size
- Maximum Skin Care and Comfort :
- Promote quality skin-care without sacrificing comfort and motion restriction
- Vista ICU Back Panel is designed specifically for patients at risk of occipital breakdown due to extended periods of lying supine
- Pressure Reducing Pad :
- Vista ICU Back Panel is designed to disperse pressure, reducing the possibility of skin breakdown
- Proven Aspen Pads1,2 complete the system by wicking moisture away from the skin
- Extra Large Patient Access Window : Provides functional access for airway management and other essential procedures
What to buy with Cervical Collar by Aspen
How to apply Vista Cervical Collar?
How to prepare for Vista Collar?
- Before fitting the Vista Collar, bend the rear Back panel plastic must overlap the sides of the front panel
- The process allows the collar to fit more closely around the neck for varying anatomies
Aspen Vista Cervical Collar Height Adjustment
- Place the dial of the collar at or below the sternal notch and adjust the dial clockwise until the collar reaches the chin
- Note: the dial has to be distracted from the collar before it can be rotated
Aspen Neck Brace Tightening Instructions
- With cervical neutral being maintained, mate hook and loop on both sides of the collar
- If additional tightening is required, apply downward pressure on either side of the tracheal opening while refastening the hook and loop on the sides
Check the fit of Vista Neck Brace
- Sternal Notch Visible?
When properly positioned, the sternal notch should be visible through the tracheal opening and the chin should be well supported by the chin piece.
- Collar Dialed Up?
Make sure there is no gap between the chin piece and chin and between the sternum pad and chest. The chin pad should be slightly compressed.
- Slack Out?
The collar side panels wrap against and behind the neck while resting on or above the trapezius. Tighten the back panel evenly so it stays centered. If any gaps are present, tighten the collar further.
- Throat Area Clear?
If the back of the chin piece is seen to be touching the throat, disconnect the hook and loop on both sides and lift the sides of the front panel up and loop of the trapezius muscle. This will cause the chin piece to move forward, away from the throat.
How to remove Aspen Vista Cervical Neck Brace?
- Stand or sit in front of a sink with a mirror. Release the strap on one side. Remove the collar and set it aside.
- Keep your head and neck straight and still. Use a wash-cloth to clean your face and neck.
- Rinse away soap and gently dry your skin
- Remove moist and/or dirty pads. If needed, clean and towel dry the plastic and straps. Attach the clean pads.
- Place the front of the collar so your chin comes to the front edge of the chin piece
- Place the back panel behind your neck
- Connect the straps on both sides and tighten
- Tighten the Support Strap until secure and comfortable
Aspen Vista User Manuals
Aspen Vista Cervical Collar FAQ's
How to clean Aspen Cervical Collar?
- Wash brace by hands using a mild soap and water
- Rinse thoroughly and pat out any excessive moisture
- Allow to air dry completely
- Do not use bleach harsh chemicals or machine wash/dry
What is an Aspen Collar used for?
Aspen Vista Collar is used to treat Severe radiculopathy, severe strains or sprains, Cervical disc herniation, and Traumatic cervical injuries.
How often to clean or change the Aspen Vista Pad?
Aspen Vista Collar should be cleaned or changed daily
How to clean the Aspen Cervical Collar Replacement Pads?
Hand wash the pads with soap and water. Rinse out all soap. Gently squeeze out excess water. Allow to air dry (6 to 8 hours). Do not place pads in a washer or dryer.