Encore Latex Textured Surgical Gloves Features
- Textured finish ensures exceptional grip under dry and damp conditions
- Ideal to be used as an outer glove when double gloving
- Ideal thickness to optimize tactile sensitivity and protection
- The DermaShield Technology internal coating facilitates dry and damp donning as well as intra-operative changes
When to use Encore Textured Surgical Gloves?
Encore Latex Textured Gloves can be used when the following functionalities are required:
- Enhanced grip in wet environments
- Extra comfort during long, sustained procedures
- Damp donning
- Use as an outer glove when double gloving
Featured Technologies of Ansell Encore Gloves
DermaShield Donning Aid Technology
DermaShield Technology is a proprietary inner coating for fast and easy damp or dry hand donning whether it is the first don or during intra operative changes.
- Hydrophilic lubricants in the coating are activated upon contact with wet or damp hands to facilitate damp donning and help minimize the feel of sweaty hands.
- Hydrophobic surface of this coating minimizes the surface area friction for easy dry donning.
A.R.T Pinhole Barrier Technology
A.R.T Technology is a proprietary process, integrated into the manufacturing line that helps add an extra level of robustness by minimizing possible defects that may later result in pinholes. A coating is applied over the glove former to seal any micro-defects, creating a smooth finish and delivering a consistent thickness around the glove. This minimizes irregularities that may later result in pinholes.
Encore Standards and Certifications
- ASTM D3577; ASTM D6978; ASTM D7160; ASTM F739
- EN 16523-1
- EN 420
- EN 420:2003 + A1:2009
- EN 455 1-4
- ISO 10282
Ansell Surgical Gloves User Manual
What to buy with Surgical Gloves?
How to use Encore Textured Latex Gloves?
- Before usage, inspect the gloves for any defects or imperfections such as holes, pinholes and tears. If the gloves are ripped or punctured during use, dispose of them immediately. If in doubt, do not use the gloves, get a new pair.
- Do not reverse the gloves.
- It is essential to keep all chemicals from contact with the skin, even if they are thought to be harmless.
- Contaminated gloves should be cleaned or washed before removal.
- Ensure the chemicals cannot enter via the cuff.
- The gloves should not come in contact with a naked flame.
- Gloves shall not be used for protection against ionising radiation nor for use in containment enclosures.
How to store Encore Surgical Gloves?
- Keep away from direct sunlight; store in a cool dry place.
- Keep away from ozone sources.
- If gloves are properly stored, as indicated above, they won’t lose their performances and won’t change the glove characteristics significantly.
- If gloves could be affected by ageing or storage, the expiry date is mentioned on the packaging materials.
Disposal of Ansell Gloves
- Used gloves may be contaminated with infectious or other hazardous materials.
- Dispose of according to Local Authority Regulations.
- Landfill or incinerate under controlled conditions.
Caution: Safe use of these gloves by latex-sensitized individuals has not been established. This product contains natural rubber latex, which may cause allergic reactions.
Encore Textured Gloves Specifications
||Beaded with SUREFIT™ Technology
|INTERNAL GLOVE SURFACE
||Polymer Coated with DERMASHIELD™ Technology
||Natural Rubber Latex
|EXTERNAL GLOVE SURFACE
||Smooth with Micro-Textured Finish
|DOUBLE GLOVING RECOMMENDATION
||Outer glove or underglove
|TESTED FOR USE WITH CHEMOTHERAPY DRUGS
||No, not tested in accordance with ASTM D6978